Handicapped release aids

  • Ragnar Ketilsson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 1:22 PM
      I've had archers who needed a mouth tab on their
      bowstrings, and others who needed to shoot a crossbow
      someone else cocked to shoot at all( interesting bow,
      BTW, a bolt shooter shaped like a stonebow, with a
      loop served into the string which fitted over a
      one-finger nut. Only crossbows I've seen that used
      speed nocked bolts.)

      Another release your friend might try is a simple .5"
      web strap with a wrist loop on one end and the other
      end turned over and stitched double. it wraps around
      the string under the arrow, is held closed with a
      pinch grip by the thumb, and draws using the back
      muscles. What might make it work for your friend is
      that the drawing stress transfers from string to
      wrist, keeping damaged hands out of harm's way.

      Hope this helps,
      Ragnar Ketilsson

      === message truncated ===