bolts

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 12, 2004
      Has anyone tied on fletching on crossbow bolts? I would like to do it
      with mine, just for the more period look.
      But, i would like to know if they wear out from being rubbed against
      the slot when shot.

      Jon
    • RJ Bachner
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 12, 2004
        Use thin nylon upholstery thread, I use the black color on my arrows and it wears like iron.

        RJ Bachner (Ragi)
        Brokenaxe Archery
        7451 St Jacques west #2
        Montreal Quebec Canada
        H4B 1W7

        514-481-9116 between 9am and 9pm est.
        www.shoppe.brokenaxe.ca

        ragi@...

        On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:23:42 -0700, you, with reckless abandon, wrote:

        >Has anyone tied on fletching on crossbow bolts? I would like to do it
        >with mine, just for the more period look.
        >But, i would like to know if they wear out from being rubbed against
        >the slot when shot.
      • Lord Cain Saethydd
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 13, 2004
          I once saw a picture of bolts, where the fletching area was smaller
          in diameter. I believe this would be to accomodate the wrapping on
          the fletches. As I recall, they were target shafts, from 'in
          period'. Museum pieces. Just something I noted and filed in the
          trash heap I call me noggin.

          Cain

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@p...>
          wrote:
          > Has anyone tied on fletching on crossbow bolts? I would like to
          do it
          > with mine, just for the more period look.
          > But, i would like to know if they wear out from being rubbed
          against
          > the slot when shot.
          >
          > Jon
        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 13, 2004
            Interesting.

            Thanks

            Jon
            On Friday, August 13, 2004, at 09:43 PM, Lord Cain Saethydd wrote:

            > I once saw a picture of bolts, where the fletching area was smaller
            > in diameter. I believe this would be to accomodate the wrapping on
            > the fletches. As I recall, they were target shafts, from 'in
            > period'. Museum pieces. Just something I noted and filed in the
            > trash heap I call me noggin.
            >
            > Cain
          • J. Hughes
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 20, 2006
              I was asked for a source of bolts (fletched, but without heads). When I attempted to google my usual source, Kingslayer, I was unable to get any information on bolts. Suggestions?

              Charles O'Connor

            • Dayrl Merrill
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 20, 2006
                I do 2 or 3 fletched. What length of shaft do you want do you want and
                what length fletch? I will quote a price after I have the details but
                normal price for 18" or shorter with 3 fletches and tips would be $40.00
                plus $5.00 for shipping for 1 dozen.

                Rask Ulfbjorn,

                mka Dayrl Merrill

                At 01:58 PM 12/20/06, you wrote:

                >I was asked for a source of bolts (fletched, but without heads). When I
                >attempted to google my usual source, Kingslayer, I was unable to get any
                >information on bolts. Suggestions?
                >
                >Charles O'Connor

              • J. Hughes
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 21, 2006
                  In corisponding with the peson, I find his idea is a tapered bolt and an extreme taper at that. I will be working with him on defining exactly what he is after and then ask again if it is available anywhere.

                  Charles O'Connor