Challenge on Nock Points.

  • Lord Cain Saethydd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2004
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "carlDOTwest" <carl.west@c...>
      wrote:

      -----snipped----

      > >>... By intruducing a definate travel for the nock end, you
      > >>greatly lessen the affect of errors to the right and left side.
      >
      > Relative to the introduced vertical error perhaps.

      TRY it. You will see. Please.

      > >> ... This
      > >>can be from poor or inconsistant releases. Or poorly matching
      spine
      > >>weights due to stress on the wood. Or any numbers of factors.
      >
      > If those horizontal errors exist, they will show regardless of any
      > vertical errors. Each is a vector and will be added to whatever
      other
      > vectors exist. There isn't some maximum amount of deflection that
      can be
      > imparted to an arrow, if there were, your suggestion that
      channeling it
      > all into a known plane would be useful, but sadly, 'tain't so.

      TRY it, you will see. PLEASE!
      The introduced vertical error GREATLY affects horizontal errors.
      I have done vast experimentations in this. Have several archers and
      several bows. The archers were of varying degrees of skills. It
      worked well on all but the top archers.
      I challenge you to test this.

      > >> Try it. Experiment. If you are a great shooter, and always
      group
      > >>well, get some experienced, but average, shooters. You will
      notice a
      > >>difference. The pattern will go from an approximate circle, to
      > >>closer an inverted eye pattern. Like this ().
      >
      > Ah, but how much taller than the circle? How much narrower? Is the
      area
      > actually smaller?

      How much narrower depends on the deflection introduced to the arow,
      the skill level of the archer, and the tackle itself.

      Cain