Re: [SCA-Archery] Traditional Bow Books

  • RJ Bachner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2004
      On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:01:04 -0000, you, with reckless abandon, wrote:

      > Don't ask why...but..I ahve this desire to make traditional Bows
      >and use them. Are there books on this subject. Please contact me
      >privately.

      Heya

      In actual truth I completely understand your desire. I am all sweaty just now from rasping out the
      limbs on an Oak selfbow. it is fun and addictive.

      The bows you want are:

      all 3 vol of "the boyers bible" an absolute must have.

      "the bent stick" by paul comstock is a must have.

      "Hunting the osage bow" by dean torges. not a must have but a damn good read, specially if you have
      access to osage staves.

      These are a good start, I also suggest you go to www.stickbow.com and find the leather wall. they
      are a contentious lot, mostly with a bow in one hand and a well thumbed bible in the other but they
      know what they are about and you will learn much from them.

      Ragi