Re: [CAMarshals] Crossbow Prods

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2004
      At 10:28 PM 7/8/2004, Capn Mac wrote:
      >Does anyone have a reliable supplier for fiberglass crossbow prods?

      I've been known to sell a few :) Send me a private email if you wish and
      we can talk, I've got a wholesale account with one manufacturer of them.

      >My prod is coming apart slightly, there's a sliver of fiberglass peeling
      >back from the edge of the prod where it bends. Now, I don't know enough
      >about the properties of fiberglass to know what to do about this... can this
      >be repaired or is my prod toast? Can I have it shaved down slightly? or
      >sanded down or something so that the sliver is removed without effecting the
      >integrity of the prod?

      Yes you can sand it down, people regularly do this to change the draw
      weight You just have to keep it in tiller correctly, just like making a
      self-bow ... make sure it bends evenly.

      >Either way, I need a replacement prod and if I can't get a fiberlgass prod,
      >I'd like a steel prod. And I really want it before Pennsic so I can aclimate
      >myself to the new prod.

      Problem with getting a steel prod replacement, will possibly it not fitting
      right away, the Gladius prods usually are wider, and thinner, than the
      fiber ... will depend on how the stock is made.

      Siegfried