Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1675

  • robert ferguson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2004
      Greetings unto those gentles interested in Check-mate Bows, I have had a Check-mate recurve for 14 years, it is flat out the best bow you'll ever own, especially for the price. The take downs are best, they are a little heavier (3#) in physical weight, but the extra mass in the handle make them the sweetest bow to shoot. (very little hand shock) Very recently I was able to shoot a Black-Widow bow (supposedly one of the best you can buy, and very pricey) but I wouldn't trade my bow for it. My Check-mate shoots as well, 14 years later, as it did when I first got it. Up here in Ontario, it is the bow of choice, and we have some great shooters. thl Daffyd ap Sion, current AG for EAldormere has shoot above 126 on a royal round with his Check-mate bow, I have shot 111 with mine.

      As you can tell I can highly recomend them to anyone
      ...........thl Aelfric the Kestrell

      SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Chek-mate bows
      From: Sherry Bishop
      2. RE: Chek-mate bows
      From: "Perry Smestad"

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 05:23:42 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Sherry Bishop
      Subject: Chek-mate bows

      Greetings all!

      I am looking into getting a new bow and came across
      the Chek-mate bow company online (www.recurves.com)
      Does anyone have any experience with them? Have a bow
      of theirs? Thanks all for any info you can provide!

      Seonaid MacPhie aka Shea :)
      Barony of Smoking Rocks/Dragon's Heorth
      East Kingdom

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 06:03:46 -0700
      From: "Perry Smestad"

      Subject: RE: Chek-mate bows

      Good Day,

      I looked at this site and am interested in the Saber Take Down. If
      anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated by me as
      well as Shea.

      HL Archos Thorfinn Kolsson OGGS
      Deputy Chief Archer for the Barony of Dragon's Laire
      Kingdom of An Tir