Re: Hello

  • Ryan Mercer
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 31, 1969
      hello I am a teenager and have limited amounts of money. I need to buy a
      bow. Does anyone have an old one they will give to me or sell ro me for a
      small price?
      au revoir, auf Wiedersehen, hasta luego, arrivederci, ate logo, do widenia,
      *********AxisMundi, Fuer Griss ost Drauka, Water Child****************

      :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
      \\\|||///
      =========
      ^^ | O O |
      / \ \ _'/
      # _| |_
      (#) ( )
      #\//|* *|\\
      #\/( * )//
      # =====
      # (\|/)
      # || ||
      .#.-'| |---.
      #'---' ----'

      �(�(�)�)����� �(�(�)�)�
      ___
    • Brian Martin
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 6 6:49 AM
        [This message contained attachments]
      • Deann E. Allen
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 6 9:37 PM
          Brian Martin wrote:

          [snip]
          > The enclosed .jpg is a picture of a bow I made after examining the
          > Mary Rose bows in Portsmouth. This bow is almosy entirely circular
          > in corss section ( after seeing one like it). It is not a bow I
          > would build again, sting alignment was hyper sensitive during the
          > final tillering. However, now finished, it is very near and dear
          > to me.

          That is a beautiful bow, Brian. Thank you for sharing it. What
          did you use for the tips--it appears to be horn, but I can't tell
          what kind--and how did you attach them?

          D.
          --
          100% pure, Grade A, American Mutt caffeine!
        • Karl W. Evoy
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 12 4:28 AM
            Yup, just us Pennsic orphans here.
            Ancel
          • Jaime Tiampo
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 14 12:36 PM
              ian_griffen_archer wrote:

              > What happened. Just because a little War is going on everybody has
              > gone into shock and doesn't have anything to say.

              I think there are a lot of people at Pennsic right now

              --
              Ts'ai T'ien-p'u
            • ian_griffen_archer
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 14 12:40 PM
                What happened. Just because a little War is going on everybody has
                gone into shock and doesn't have anything to say.

                IAN
              • Angall
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 14 12:57 PM
                  Humm Hello. ;)

                  > > What happened. Just because a little War is going on everybody has
                  > > gone into shock and doesn't have anything to say.

                • James Brummet
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 14 1:16 PM
                    Pennsic sounds about right. I don't think labtop are period

                    I lost the email but I remember someone mentioned that there was an English combany that was going to make Legolis' bow from the LOTR. What I can't remember is if they had a link to the combany. So if this is a repeat I am sorry but the link is:
                    http://www.avalonlongbows.20m.com/noframes/catalog.htm

                    I know I want one!

                    >>> fugu@... 08/14/02 01:36PM >>>
                    ian_griffen_archer wrote:

                    > What happened. Just because a little War is going on everybody has
                    > gone into shock and doesn't have anything to say.

                    I think there are a lot of people at Pennsic right now

                    --
                    Ts'ai T'ien-p'u

                  • hanhebin
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 14 1:19 PM
                      > What happened. Just because a little War is going on everybody has
                      > gone into shock and doesn't have anything to say.

                      Ian,

                      How is your leg doing and when are you expected to start shooting
                      again? Word has it you have been laid up for awhile. Are you
                      planning on shooting at Estrella this year?

                      Michael
                    • Angall
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 14 1:40 PM
                        How many on this list are close to the shire of L'Ile du Dragon Dormant?

                        This September we'll be having our 3C's Raincheck and most of the emphasis will be on archery,
                        therefore seeing some of you there would be fun.

                        For more info on the Raincheck, http://www3.sympatico.ca/angall/brokenaxe/nav-events.html

                        >>----->
                        In service
                        Lord Angall O Fearghail - OSag
                        Captain of Archers of Ile du Dragon Dormant
                        http://www3.sympatico.ca/angall/archery/company/
                        House of the Broken Axe
                        www.brokenaxe.ca
                        Shire of L'Ile du Dragon Dormant
                        http://ww.total.net/~mbc/idd/

                      • Sirona1592@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 14 6:19 PM
                          Though it may be good to be a Pennsic orphan or a "leftover" because it means
                          you still have goals to get there. Its certainly is on my lifes "to do"
                          list.

                          Sirona

                        • John Rockwell
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 14 6:53 PM
                            The end of July I had surgery on my right knee again ( the 6th time) it seems to be doing better.
                            Since I moved in October I haven't been able to set up a small range in my back yard yet. Do to the necessity to provide more safety of my neighbors. I'm hopeing get the range set up with in the next month.
                            As for shooting at Estrella War, I don't know if I will have the time. Being the Drop Dead to the Royal Archer (Archer General) I seem to spend a lot of the wars. Running the different ranges as needed.
                            Ian
                            hanhebin wrote:> What happened. Just because a little War is going on everybody has
                            > gone into shock and doesn't have anything to say.

                            Ian,

                            How is your leg doing and when are you expected to start shooting
                            again? Word has it you have been laid up for awhile. Are you
                            planning on shooting at Estrella this year?

                            Michael

                          • ren_junkie
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 8, 2010
                              Hi. I'm just writing to say hello to the group. Me and my family currently live in Isenfir, but we're moving down to Tir y Don, officially on June 15. I've always had an interest in archery, but only get to practice 6 or 8 times a year. Lookin forward to weekly scheduled practices.

                              Erm....not sure what else to say for an intro...lol

                              Thanks,
                              Christopher
                            • Taslen
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 10, 2012
                                this is crazy you should check the out http://www.anews15o.net/jobs/?read=7342052
                              • John E
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 10, 2012
                                  Your account is placed on moderated status until this is cleared up.

                                  Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, group moderator

                                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

                                  > this is crazy you should check the out http://www.anews15o.net/jobs/?read=7342052

                                • John Edgerton
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 10, 2012
                                    The sender is placed on moderated status until their account is cleared up.

                                    Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, group moderator

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jun 30, 2013
                                      I've just joined this group today. My SCA name is Marianna di Bartolomeo da rosa, and I am an active Archer for the Barony of SunDragon in the Kingdom of Atenveldt. We are currently promoting Thrown Weapons, and hold weekly practices. I am still scanning previous posts for further information on the interest in Thrown Weapons across the Kingdoms. I've been shooting for 6 years and have held Baronial Champion, as well as archery guard for the Queen. I have been awarded The Sable Pheon in this Kingdom, and am the current Archery Defender. I shoot a 30lb Victory Martin bow, make my own arrows, and hold open house archery workshops.

                                      Thank you for the invite.

                                      aka Marianne Moe