Possible tax break for bowyers

  • Al T
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2004
      This morning on a radio report there was mention of a bill moving
      through the Senate that will be removing subsidies for exporters and
      creating tax breaks for certain manufacturers. The phrase that
      caught my attention was when the announcer was listing some of the
      types of manufacturer, he actually said "makers of bows and arrows."
      Unfortunately, the number or title of the bill wasn't mentioned.
      BTW: The report was on NPR's "Morning Edition."
      Thus have I heard
      -Allan Bluehood-
    • Bruce R. Gordon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 2004
        Greetings
        The bill is called the "American Jobs Creation Act". It passed the
        House last night. It's a Republican welfare-for-the-rich program,
        designed to give 150 billion in tax breaks and import protection to
        upper-end companies. Yes, bow and arrow manufacturers were mentioned in
        the NPR report - you can listen to the thing from www.npr.org , go to
        morning edition and click on individual stories for June 18.

        Nigel

        --
        Ex Tenebra, Lux