Re: [SCA-Archery] case for a longbow

  • Heather & Steve English
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2004
      3 Rivers has a tube case that they say is for a 70" bow. It measures 73"
      with padding at both ends.

      Lord Sveinn
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2004
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Aiden" <wolfsdragan@h...> wrote:
        > > I use a rod and reel case that I bought at my local Academy
        > sporting
        > > goods store. They will extend out well beyond the length of any
        > bow.
        > >
        > > I use 4.25" diameter cases and can fit several longbows in them
        or
        > even
        > > a recurve and a longbow if the recurve is not too radically
        > recurved.
        > > They have several different diameters and ones that telescope
        out.
        > > There are several different styles.
        > >
        > > Go to www.basspro.com and search for "rod case". I use the *
        > Plano®
        > > Deluxe Hard Rod Cases* .
        > >
        > > www.cabelas.com also has a good selection to look at.
        > >
        > > Find a place a buy local. Because of their size they will be
        > costly to
        > > ship.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > --
        > >
        > > HL Eadric Anstapa
        > > Ansteorra
        > > eadric@s...
        went and checked out the fishing rod case's, they are nice, except
        for 1 thing, in order for them to expand they have holes in both
        sides =( , think ill stick with my 3" pvc pipe its at least as well
        made and padded =)
      • mekilno
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2004
          > went and checked out the fishing rod case's, they are nice, except
          > for 1 thing, in order for them to expand they have holes in both
          > sides =( , think ill stick with my 3" pvc pipe its at least as well
          > made and padded =)

          Cheaper version - I use pipe insulation....well, it works for
          rapiers, but I have yet to try it with my recurve. It might
          work....I'll let you know tomorrow when my recurve's actually
          delivered.

          Everild