Re: case for a longbow

  • Aiden
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2004
      > I use a rod and reel case that I bought at my local Academy
      sporting
      > goods store. They will extend out well beyond the length of any
      bow.

      > I use 4.25" diameter cases and can fit several longbows in them or
      even
      > a recurve and a longbow if the recurve is not too radically
      recurved.
      > They have several different diameters and ones that telescope out.
      > There are several different styles.
      >
      > Go to www.basspro.com and search for "rod case". I use the *
      Plano®
      > Deluxe Hard Rod Cases* .
      >
      > www.cabelas.com also has a good selection to look at.
      >
      > Find a place a buy local. Because of their size they will be
      costly to
      > ship.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > --
      >
      > HL Eadric Anstapa
      > Ansteorra
      > eadric@s...
      nice ! I like that idea, bunch of us are headed to Castalin this
      weekend and I plan on stopping at BassPro in Okc will have to take a
      look while we are there :)
    • Heather & Steve English
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2004
        3 Rivers has a tube case that they say is for a 70" bow. It measures 73"
        with padding at both ends.

        Lord Sveinn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2004
          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Aiden" <wolfsdragan@h...> wrote:
          > > I use a rod and reel case that I bought at my local Academy
          > sporting
          > > goods store. They will extend out well beyond the length of any
          > bow.
          > >
          > > I use 4.25" diameter cases and can fit several longbows in them
          or
          > even
          > > a recurve and a longbow if the recurve is not too radically
          > recurved.
          > > They have several different diameters and ones that telescope
          out.
          > > There are several different styles.
          > >
          > > Go to www.basspro.com and search for "rod case". I use the *
          > Plano®
          > > Deluxe Hard Rod Cases* .
          > >
          > > www.cabelas.com also has a good selection to look at.
          > >
          > > Find a place a buy local. Because of their size they will be
          > costly to
          > > ship.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > >
          > > --
          > >
          > > HL Eadric Anstapa
          > > Ansteorra
          > > eadric@s...
          went and checked out the fishing rod case's, they are nice, except
          for 1 thing, in order for them to expand they have holes in both
          sides =( , think ill stick with my 3" pvc pipe its at least as well
          made and padded =)
        • mekilno
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 20, 2004
            > went and checked out the fishing rod case's, they are nice, except
            > for 1 thing, in order for them to expand they have holes in both
            > sides =( , think ill stick with my 3" pvc pipe its at least as well
            > made and padded =)

            Cheaper version - I use pipe insulation....well, it works for
            rapiers, but I have yet to try it with my recurve. It might
            work....I'll let you know tomorrow when my recurve's actually
            delivered.

            Everild