SCA Archery

  • Hal B. Clark
    Message 1 of 62 , May 19 6:27 PM
      This quarters issue of PRIMITIVE ARCHERY magazine has a good article
      about The SCA and Combat Archery.

      What makes SCA Archery different? The only competition on the my mind
      is with me. Can I score one more point than I did last time? Can I hit
      the fun target etc. Sure, prizes are given but they are fun prizes not
      matters of life and death and corporate sponsorship.

      Another reason is the feeling of comraderie I find on the line. If you
      have a problem, many people are willing to help you solve it. Anything
      from spanking your arm to making your own bow will be discussed,
      pointers given and secrets shared. When I fired High Power Rifle
      Competitions, I was always in an equipment and dollar race. Here the
      equipment is centuries old and anyone can enjoy the game without
      spending the rent on a new trigger group or bedding method.

      Finally, and most important is the friends I have made. People from all
      walks off life from professionals to bums. All with knowledge and a
      viewpoint and the willingness to share without putting others down.

      Walk Tall
      BAron Ben

      ---
    • Bill Brown
      Message 62 of 62 , Jul 3, 2007
        This is a great, simple tip that becomes a history of ones proficiency.
        Thanks Talmon.

        Domingos