storage of bow?

  • Jeff / Luminesce
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2004
      I know that a bow needs to be stored unstrung...but what type of
      environment does a bow need to be stored in...is my car ok (car
      storage will cease after i have ropes and a backdrop) what about my
      basement bedroom?

      Luminesce Duir (mka Jeff)
    • Allan B Zdarsky
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 2004
        On Thu, 13 May 2004 15:11:39 -0000 "Jeff / Luminesce"
        <luminesce_duir@...> writes:
        > I know that a bow needs to be stored unstrung...but what type of
        > environment does a bow need to be stored in...is my car ok (car
        > storage will cease after i have ropes and a backdrop) what about my
        > basement bedroom?
        >
        > Luminesce Duir (mka Jeff)
        The basement would be adequate, depending on humidity. Do Not store the
        bow in your car, the temperature changes play hell with the wood,
        laminations, etc. Also, store the bow either horizontally, or hanging
        vertically; don't lean it against the wall.
        Hope this helps,
        Archos Aleksei Zateev, OGGS
        An Tir
      • Chad Wilson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2004
          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff / Luminesce"
          <luminesce_duir@y...> wrote:
          > I know that a bow needs to be stored unstrung...but what type of
          > environment does a bow need to be stored in...is my car ok (car
          > storage will cease after i have ropes and a backdrop) what about my
          > basement bedroom?

          Depends on the bow types. Modern bows and fiberglass bows can be
          stored pretty much anywhere, but I suggest somewhere that doesn't
          experience large temp fluctations.

          If it is a wooden bow, like a longbow, keeping it in a place that is
          a little moist is okay.

          If can, put two pegs up on your wall so you can put it up laying
          horizontal. Not only is a bow useful for hunting static targets, but
          makes for beautiful art.

          -Caedmon
        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 2004
            Of the two I would recommend your basement bedroom. The temperatures
            in your car could get way too hot.

            Jon