Mixed Bag of Responses

  • Frederick Fenters
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9 6:45 AM
      Since I get digests, it can be hard to respond to a specific post, so please forgive the laundry list.

      Sir Jon, thanks for your opinion. I agree that deliberately targeting the groin is not chivalrous. Neither is a lot of stuff seen on the lists, especially in melees. I speared a guy 4 times one Pennsic, none of which he took, despite my forcing him to rock his torso by about 6 inches. A hold was called and I asked a marshal to please ask the fellow in the red gambeson just how far I needed to move him to constitute a kill. The Marshal haad apparently also seen the action, because he told the fellow to leave the battle. Then the Swell Ole Boy (use the initials) had the gall to gripe about me speaking to the marshal!

      Second, it is true that most people on a medieval battlefield were not armored, SCA says we are all minor nobility of one sort or another, thus the expectation of armor.

      Third, don't tell Caedmon to keep preaching, HE WILL! Run for your lives! (Sorry, Chad, but it had to be said) :-)

      Padraig MacRaighne