short notice get together

  • RJ Bachner
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2004
      Heya

      Spring, well a warmer version of winter with more rain anyways has befallen us here is
      Dragon dormant ( Montreal) and I have a yen to shoot, toss and throw stuff.

      I do not know how many of the good gentles who might read this message can come by and play but from
      now till the snow flys again in our loverly northern lands, I will be holding a a get together every
      Saterday I am home to foster the arts of flinging stuff.

      We can talk archery and bowmaking but cannot shoot hereabouts, atlatls, javelins, slings, thrown
      axes, knives, spikes or pointy things I have not mentioned can be. I have the room to setup a target
      safely and practice if the mood takes us.

      If you wish to learn, teach or just fling come on by with a little warning of your arrival, say a
      couple of days notice.

      Note, this is not an SCA sanctioned practice, I am not a thrown weapons marshall and you must
      understand that flinging pointy stuff is and can be dangerous and is done at your own risk though we
      shall do all that honour requires to ensure everyones safety.

      Tomorrow is the first meeting and as I said it is really short notice now. However the activities
      tomorrow will be

      making buckskin from an elk hide, we brained it, now we gotta dry it.

      making atlatl dart shafts from sapplings.

      turning a bunch of 12 inch nails into cool throwing spikes.

      and if there is anything left, I would like to get a sling done.

      stuff will be starting around 10 am if the weather is with us.

      My address is:
      7451 St Jacques west #2 Corner of Elmhurst
      Montreal
      Quebec

      514 481 9116.

      Herre Ragi "warm Bear" Wul├×arsson of the shire, Isle du Dragon Dormant.
      (Sometimes known as RJ Bachner)

      Northern shores, East Kingdom SCA.
      ragi@...

      Come visit the Archery diy Pages @