Re: [SCA-Archery] Need PR

  • saintelmo.1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2004
      They need to come to my mundane range I shoot at, yes there are quite a few people shooting "guns that shoot arrows" but there are also a lot of non-SCA people that are shooting longbows / recurves with wood arrows. It always makes me happy when I see non-SCA people shooting "our" stuff :-)

      Demetrious
      > I caught a snippet of a History Channel piece on Weapons
      > Development. There drift seemed to be that if non-wood arrows and
      > modern compound bows had not been invented the art would have died
      > out. There was not a single mention of archery as a challenging
      > sport other that a hunting emphasis. Where do these people do their
      > research?
      >
      > kinjal

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Karl W. Evoy
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2004
        Interesting. When I go shoot at a public range, the SCAdians with me are
        the only ones with wooden arrows and traditional tackle. We get some
        complements for shooting so well with the "old stuff".
        Ancel

        > They need to come to my mundane range I shoot at, yes there are quite a
        few people shooting "guns that shoot arrows" but there are also a lot of
        non-SCA people that are shooting longbows / recurves with wood arrows. It
        always makes me happy when I see non-SCA people shooting "our" stuff :-)

        > Demetrious
        > > I caught a snippet of a History Channel piece on Weapons
        > > Development. There drift seemed to be that if non-wood arrows and
        > > modern compound bows had not been invented the art would have died
        > > out. There was not a single mention of archery as a challenging
        > > sport other that a hunting emphasis. Where do these people do their
        > > research?
        > >
        > > kinjal

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Chad and Erin Wilson
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2004
          I always get questions about my crossbow. Then the compliment follow on how
          accurate it is. I sometimes let the mundanes try it. In my area, as long as
          you have a bow, you are part of the fraternity of bowman, no matter the bow
          type.

          -Caedmon
        • kilmye@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2004
            We were looking at houses, and found one we really like. It'll probably sell
            before we can get our act together. Anyway, it had a yard big enough for a
            fight practice, with a fire pit already installed.

            And the best part? The property that it's back to back with, has an archery
            range, sigh. The neighbors to either side had messy yards, so I figure they
            can't complain about our assortment of odd things (beehive oven, kids stuff....).

            Kiley

          • Kip Merriman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2004
              For any intrested the summer 2004 issue of Primative Archer has a
              good article on combat archery within the SCA. Well written just
              not long enough.

              Senach

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Kinjal of Moravia"