Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1616

  • Frederick Fenters
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2004
      > the larger target should be twenty yards from the line. The two
      smaller targets should be at unknown distance, slightly closer (2-4
      paces) and as far apart as shooting lanes in the range permit, to a
      maximum of 10 yards sepasration.

      My only problem with this wording would be that you have taken the
      repeatability out of the experiment.

      By defining set distances, we can more accurately measure our skill
      with each other. By allowing unknown distances, you remove that
      factor.

      I like the idea of two smaller side targets. To better fit smaller
      ranges, a smaller seperatation should be chosen to accomodate more
      ranges. Maybe 2 yds? That leads to a 3-target setup at most 7 yards
      across. Or 1 yd.

      With the improved weather, my Lady and I will testing this shoot this
      week. Call me a wimp, but I just don't like to shoot when the temps
      are below 60.

      -Caedmon

      You have a point about the repeatebility. That's why I was suggesting it be
      kept within a certain set of parameters.

      And, since you insist, You're a wimp! 60 degrees is balmy after a Michigan
      winter!

      Padraig :-)