Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: comment: A.G.'s Summer Challenge

  • Tighearn Mac Con mac Conaill
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2004
      Wimp! :-)

      We are going to try this shot at least once a month here in Dragonsspine and my archers seem to be excited about it. I don't think they have read the rules yet though :-). If they thought the winter shot was tough...

      Chad Wilson <chaderin@...> wrote:
      > the larger target should be twenty yards from the line. The two
      smaller targets should be at unknown distance, slightly closer (2-4
      paces) and as far apart as shooting lanes in the range permit, to a
      maximum of 10 yards sepasration.

      My only problem with this wording would be that you have taken the
      repeatability out of the experiment.

      By defining set distances, we can more accurately measure our skill
      with each other. By allowing unknown distances, you remove that
      factor.

      I like the idea of two smaller side targets. To better fit smaller
      ranges, a smaller seperatation should be chosen to accomodate more
      ranges. Maybe 2 yds? That leads to a 3-target setup at most 7 yards
      across. Or 1 yd.

      With the improved weather, my Lady and I will testing this shoot this
      week. Call me a wimp, but I just don't like to shoot when the temps
      are below 60.

      -Caedmon

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yours in Service;

      Tighearn (Lord) Mac Con mac Conaill of Clan MacDonald
      (ITS OFFICAL!)
      Quartermaster of the Barony of Dragonsspine
      Forester Archer of the Kingdom of the Outlands

      The wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers are wonderful things! Their tops are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of springs! Their bouncy, clouncy, flouncy, prouncy FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN! But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is I'm the only one, AM THE ONLY ONE! WOO WOO WHOO WHOO!