summer challenge questions

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2004
      Nigel,

      We tried your summer challenge for the first time today. I have a couple
      of questions. Both in the big/little round. When you say 5 yards apart I
      am assuming you mean from one side target to the other is then 10 yards or
      30 feet. Is that right? We discovered our outdoor archery lane is not that
      wide. the other question about this shoot. It says in the rules you have
      to shoot both the outside targets before you can shoot at the one in the
      middle. when you score is it 3 points for all hits, even the outside
      targets? And it says you have to shoot the outside before you can shoot
      the middle. That implies that after you shoot the outside ones you have to
      continue on the center one. Right? The way it is worded you could
      conceivably continue to shoot at your outside targets and ignore the
      middle one.

      We will not be submitting our scores since we did not have enough room to
      set up the timed round. However we had a lot of fun, and it seems to be a
      nifty shoot.

      Nest verch Tangwistel

    • Bruce R. Gordon
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2004
        Greetings
        Yes, 3 points for hits on each target. And, no, there is nothing
        in the rules to forbid you from continuing to plug away at one or both
        of the flankers, the only reason (on a practical level) for wanting to
        hit the center target is that it would be easier to make points on,
        being larger.
        I agree that the the three targets are looking like being
        difficult to arrange - some ranges won't have the ability to permit the
        kind of setup the rules call for. You have read them correctly as far
        as the five-yard delineation is concerned, but I am coming rapidly to
        realize that that arrangement will like-as-not need to be modified.
        I hope you decide to try it some more, with a thought toward
        submitting scores. If you do, arrange those targets however you can,
        and tell me what works. The essence of that arrangement is: first hit
        one small taget, then hit another small target, then hit an easier and
        larger target. If "5 yards" doesn't work well, that can be fiddled with.

        Nigel

        --
        Ex Tenebra, Lux