Winter and Summer Challenges

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 9:15 AM
      Greetings
      My apologies if you receive this more than once, but I am trying to
      scatter it as wide as possible.
      The Winter Challenge season is now entirely finished, with the past two
      weeks being spent in collecting late scores. My sincerest thanks and
      congratulations to all in making this the most successful season we have
      seen yet, with a total of 345 participants from 9 kingdoms. Top score
      this year was 243 (Robert Thorne of the Midrealm), from a crossbow. The
      top Recurve score was 210 (Andras Truemark of An Tir), and the highest
      longbow score was a stunning 200 from Seán the Archer of Drachenwald.
      Hoo-bah (that's Midrealmese for Vivat) to these gentles in particular,
      and a hoo-bah to you all.
      The full tally of scores can be seen at...
      http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/scores.html

      So now, on to the Summer Challenge... The Wha...? Yep, showing in the
      clearest way thus far that I have way too much time on my hands, I am
      opening up a Summer Challenge - similar in many respects but not
      identical to the Winter Challenge. I have been thinking about this for
      some time, and have come up with an experimental range that I hope will
      be fun and interesting for all. I will be frank; I think the rounds are
      in some ways a tougher and more demanding course than the Winter
      Challenge. That's why this first year is something of an experiment - I
      am soliciting not only scores, but also commentary on how it went for
      you, and what you think ought to be modified for next time.
      So, if you would, please look over the rules and, if you can, give a try
      or two. The rules are located at:
      http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/summ.html

      Hope to hear from you all soon, and good hunting to everyone:

      Forester Nigel FitzMaurice, Midrealm AG
      --
      Ex Tenebra, Lux