Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Parts and supplies

  • Carl West
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2004
      roguenad2000 wrote:

      > Also, you will find that bows with heavier tips tend to have more
      > hand shock as the bow tips slamm forward on release as compared to
      > an identical bow with less mass at the tips.

      A heavy, slow bow will want heavier arrows to carry the energy away with them, thus reducing the handshock. I have such a bow, shooting ~500 grain arrows with it is just slightly more pleasant than hammering directly on my left hand. ~800 grain arrows are a joy.

      _Most_ handshock problems are from too-light arrows. The rest are bad tillering.

      -- Fritz

      If you try to 'reply' to me without fixing the dot, your reply
      will go into a 'special' mailbox reserved for spam. See below.

      --
      Carl West carlDOTwest@... http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

      "Clutter"? This is an object-rich environment.