Re: [SCA-Archery] New person, with questions

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 30 7:58 PM
      The Space you need is 5-10 yards but what you have to think about is where
      the arrows CAN go. You need a safety zone behind the target. 10-12 foot
      high concrete wall , a wall of a building, in the basement, in the garage,
      and 100yards of empty park will work. The neighbors house, a street, a big
      rose bush, at a window,WILL NOT WORK. If you cannot get to a range pull the
      bow 100 times to full draw and letting it down(slowely) is good practice.

      James Cunningham

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm new to the SCA and interested in Archery. I really don't know
      > much about it, so be patient, please. What would I need to get
      > started? Obviously, bow, arrows, bracers, glove thingies, but how do
      > I know how big etc? How much space do I need to set up a target to
      > practice. Our yard isn't very big, but I could set up some
      > strawbales.
      >
      > I did look around a bit on the internet, but mostly it was pretty
      > far over my head.
      >
      > Kiley

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.