Barrchery

  • Hal B. Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2004
      At crown tournament, we played a round of Barrchery. Everyone enjoyed
      it so I will describe it here.

      Required-about 2-5 acres of ground safe the shoot on. One nerf ball
      about the size of a canteloupe,

      Safety- two teams up to four people. Each team captain acts as safety
      man for the other team while shooting.
      It is important that all be called to watch the toss of the
      ball.

      BAll is thrown in a safe direction. Each team shoots one arrow.
      actually impaling the ball counts three points.
      hitting the ball and moving it without impaling it counts two points.
      Closest arrow counts one point and then throws the ball for next round.

      Teams at crown were made of of pre-novices to bowmasters. all enjoyed
      the game. scoring works out well as the ranked archers are trying to
      hit the ball resulting in arrows skipping quite a distance while
      beginners landed closer. In spite of skipping arrows etc, only two
      arrows were broken and none lost.

      This takes a lot of ground and due attention to safety but is a fun
      shoot. try it if you can

      Walk Tall
      Baron Ben

      ---