Re: [SCA-Archery] 12 in 12 was: A Contest Idea

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2004
      Since the current version of the rules says:

      "To submit your score, add the yardage of the last distance(s) you
      successfully completed, to the number of shafts you had in the ring at
      your current distance. This becomes your total score. Therefore, if you
      had successfully completed 30yds, and then got 7 in at 40 yards, your
      score would be 37 (10 at 10 yds, plus 10 at 20 yds, plus 10 at 30 yds,
      plus 7 at 40 yds). If you successfully complete 40yds, but don't bother
      trying for higher yet, then your score would be simply 40, for example."

      True, if an archer does not get all ten arrows in the current target,
      then they do not advance to the next distance. However, if you do not
      allow them a score for the arrows they do get into the target, e.g. 7
      arrows at the 30 yard distance or a score of 37 then it would seem that
      you are running a different contest than the Unicorn Wreath Challenge.

      Jon