Re: One More Suggestion - Re: Thoughts: Re: [SCA-Archery] A Contest Idea

  • Emil Stecher
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 19, 2004
      --- Chad Wilson <chaderin@...> wrote:
      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Siegfried
      > Sebastian Faust
      > <crossbow@f...> wrote:
      > [...]
      > >
      > > Except, Caedmon, that it's the same thing.
      > Whether you report:
      > Got a '37'
      > > today, or 'got 7 at 40' today ... is the exact
      > some thing. There
      > is no
      > > thought of the shorter distance, only as reference
      > to a score, to
      > show
      > > where you are.
      > >
      > > It's just simpler, and less confusing, to say
      > '37', then to say '7
      > at 40'.
      > [...]
      >
      > I will give myself a night to ponder this. It could
      > certainly reduce
      > the amount of data keeping on the website and make
      > the results list
      > clean and readable.

      Just in case anyone has doubts about the workability
      of the suggested scoring, I saw Nest's test scores
      before reading any of the discussion on how to record
      scores and needed only a small amount of puzzling to
      figure out that 17 meant 10 at 10 and 7 at twenty,
      just as 27 meant 10 at 10, 10 at 20, and 7 at 30.

      Anyway, I think it should be reasonably obvious and
      easy to use.

      > -Caedmon
      > easily impressionable when logic is used enough
      > against him

      > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by
      > Medieval Mart
      > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's
      > http://www.medievalmart.com/

      > leave this list]