Re: Aiming with a longbow

  • liadan
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 24, 2000
      Unkown distances are not that difficult with the aimed shot if there is a
      practice round first. I know my aim points at 20, 30 & 40yds but it hasn't
      taken very long to find my aim points when I've shot at longer distances - I
      had the worst problems when I was shooting with a 20# bow and the aim point
      was tree limbs or sky at the longer distances. My RR scores increased 10
      points the day I switched from instinctive to aiming. I am glad I started
      with instinctive because I think it would be harder to learn instinctive
      after beginning with aiming, and I do partly instinctive in speed rounds and
      combat archery BUT instictive is not the best way for everyone.
      Liadan of Seahaven