(fwd) Longbow Workshop/Seminar (fwd)

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2000
      From the alt. archery.traditional news group. Of interest to those in
      England.

      -- forwarded message --
      From: "virgin newsgroup" <news@...>
      Newsgroups: alt.archery.traditional
      Subject: Longbow Workshop/Seminar
      Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:12:48 -0000

      Richard Head Longbows
      Makers of Fine English Longbows

      305 The Spa, Melksham, Wiltshire. SN12 6QL Tel/Fax (01225) 790452

      Longbow Workshop/Seminar

      A fascinating day for all those with a love of archery and in particular the
      longbow. We will trace its history, explain and demonstrate its manufacture,
      discuss the devastating effect of the medieval war arrows and be available
      to answer most questions concerning the longbow.

      HUGH SOAR
      Archery historian and author will be exhibiting part of his extensive range
      of longbows and will give an historical account of the longbow in war and
      peace.

      RICHARD HEAD
      Professional bowyer and member of the craft guild of traditional bowyers and
      fletchers will give a practical bowyers view of the techniques and problems
      involved in making the self yew longbow.

      HECTOR COLE
      Professional arrowsmith will discuss the process of forging medieval
      arrowheads and weapons together with a practical demonstration, using his
      replica medieval bellows forge.

      DATE - SUNDAY 20TH FEBUARY 2000 � 11.00opm TO 4.30pm

      VENUE - Melksham, Wiltshire (UK) (Pickled Pilot Public House)
      PRICE - �25.00 to include coffee and buffet lunch

      For bookings please send cheques made payable to Richard Head longbows to
      the address above by 29th January.
      PLEASE INCLUDE A S.A.E FOR PROGRAMME.

      Richard and Philip Head, Members of The Craft Guild Traditional Bowyers and
      Fletchers

      (Print and use slip below)

      Please Reserve ( ) Places for the longbow workshop/seminar on
      Sunday 20th February 2000

      NAME:
      ADDRESS:

      TEL NO:

      I enclose a cheque made payable to Richard Head longbows for �

      I enclose a S.A.E for programme and map.

      Tel / Fax (01225) 790452

      -- end of forwarded message --