Re: [SCA-Archery] Siegfired Needs Argumentation

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 4, 2004
      My daughter shoots a crossbow. She thought that was really funny. I read
      it out loud to her and she was tickled pink. At least she turned bright
      pink. I am sure it was amusement. Smirk, smirk.

      Nest
      --- jrosswebb1@... wrote:
      > Greetings,
      > I think it's very generous of we longbow shooters to allow the
      > less fortunate crossbow shooters shoot with us. After all, it's not
      > their fault that they can't hold a bow at full draw, that they need a
      > barrel to look down to aim and that they can't think of shooting
      > something that doesn't have a trigger. Holding a bowstring back at full
      > draw really hurts delicate little fingers. We should not demean them for
      > their inadequacies and make remarks about the lengths of their cute
      > little shafts, that would be wrong!
      > No, we as the more seasoned and skilled archers need to embrace
      > our toxophyllus challenged bretheren and at least make them FEEL as
      > though they are our equal. :P
      >

      > ......There ya go Siegfried, don't say I never did anything for ya.
      > Happy Birthday! Argue on!
      >
      > With tongue planted firmly in cheek,
      > -Geoffrei
      >

      > http://community.webtv.net/jrosswebb1/EASTWINDStribal

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Bob Upson
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 10, 2004
        On 2 Mar 2004 at 16:39, Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:

        > The rules for RR's state that you can shoot as many in a day as you wish, but
        > only one may be submitted per day. In theory, if you had time to shoot 10 rr
        > scores, then you could. And thus, have your highest score submitted.

        FWIW, the "rules for RRs" vary from kingdom to kingdom. I believe
        that there are (or at least have been) some that require the archer
        to declare that a given round is for their daily score *before* it is
        started.

        YIS,
        Macsen