Re: [SCA-Archery] Siegfired Needs Argumentation

  • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 4, 2004
      Greetings,
      I think it's very generous of we longbow shooters to allow the
      less fortunate crossbow shooters shoot with us. After all, it's not
      their fault that they can't hold a bow at full draw, that they need a
      barrel to look down to aim and that they can't think of shooting
      something that doesn't have a trigger. Holding a bowstring back at full
      draw really hurts delicate little fingers. We should not demean them for
      their inadequacies and make remarks about the lengths of their cute
      little shafts, that would be wrong!
      No, we as the more seasoned and skilled archers need to embrace
      our toxophyllus challenged bretheren and at least make them FEEL as
      though they are our equal. :P

      ......There ya go Siegfried, don't say I never did anything for ya.
      Happy Birthday! Argue on!

      With tongue planted firmly in cheek,
      -Geoffrei

    • Bob Upson
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 10, 2004
        On 2 Mar 2004 at 16:39, Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:

        > The rules for RR's state that you can shoot as many in a day as you wish, but
        > only one may be submitted per day. In theory, if you had time to shoot 10 rr
        > scores, then you could. And thus, have your highest score submitted.

        FWIW, the "rules for RRs" vary from kingdom to kingdom. I believe
        that there are (or at least have been) some that require the archer
        to declare that a given round is for their daily score *before* it is
        started.

        YIS,
        Macsen