Re: [SCA-Archery] Siegfired Needs Argumentation

  • Michael Scherrer
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 4, 2004
      Cross bows v longbows. Set up a shoot where the distance is some where
      between 20 & 30 yds
      and make it a speed round. Some where between, not the standard that we
      shoot all to offen.
      Even let the recurves try. a 30 second speed round, NO practice should even
      things up a lot.

      Thomas

      >From: Jack Bradley <ragnar@...>
      >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Siegfired Needs Argumentation
      >Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:48:18 -0500
      >
      >So cross bows v longbows are Ok then
      >Ragnar
      >
      >*smirk*
      >
      >*smirk*
      >
      >Chad Wilson wrote:
      >
      > >--- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Siegfried Sebastian Faust
      > ><crossbow@f...> wrote:
      > >[...]
      > >

      > >>But but but ... Will someone please fill Richard in on the facts?
      > >>
      > >>Siegfried LIVES to be argumentative ...
      > >>
      > >>Siegfried NEEDS argumentation (that a word?)
      > >>
      > >>*sigh*
      > >>
      > >>Siegfried goes off to slink in the corner ... alone.
      > >>

      > >Poor, poor Siegfried. Here, I will offer something for you argue for
      > >or against: "Recurves should never compete directly Longbows, it is
      > >just unfair!"
      > >
      > >Now, keep in mind, that I don't necessarily believe that, but I have
      > >heard it said and seen it written by other people.
      > >
      > >Argue away.
      > >
      > >-Caedmon
      > >*smirk*

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      >--
      >And always remember:
      > A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a
      >body.

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
      Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx
    • Bob Upson
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 10, 2004
        On 2 Mar 2004 at 16:39, Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:

        > The rules for RR's state that you can shoot as many in a day as you wish, but
        > only one may be submitted per day. In theory, if you had time to shoot 10 rr
        > scores, then you could. And thus, have your highest score submitted.

        FWIW, the "rules for RRs" vary from kingdom to kingdom. I believe
        that there are (or at least have been) some that require the archer
        to declare that a given round is for their daily score *before* it is
        started.

        YIS,
        Macsen