Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Question on shoots

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 3, 2004
      Actually, you are not allowed to do that anymore. The rules for this years
      state that you are only allowed to participate in one regional shoot. They
      have been having problems with the shooting lines filling up, so they
      decided everybody only needed one try.

      You are allowed to enter two categories which is a real iron man type of
      shooting since one line tends to take around 4 hours, so you would have to
      shoot 8 hours straight. But it has been frowned upon around here to enter
      twice. In fact I don't believe I know anybody who has done it. They are
      even tightening the rules on entering different age categories.

      That is the NAA. I don't know about other organization, but like someone
      said the longer shoots (like a FITA shoot or a York round) can take up to
      8 hours. You aren't likely to want to do more than one. Many outdoor
      tournaments only have one line anyway because of the time constraints
      making it impossible to shoot more than once.

      I do know one gentleman who wanted to enter a competition which only had
      one starting time, but he wanted to do both traditional and olympic
      recurve. since there were 2 shooting lines, he shot traditional on the A
      line then the other bow on the B line when the first people sat down for 2
      minutes. He was tired by the end of the day.

      Nest

      PS Michael, I tried to privately email a response to you, but your address
      bounced.

      --- hanhebin <hanhebin@...> wrote:

      > There are many tournaments in the mundane world that let you shoot as
      > many lines as you want and count "ONLY" your highest score. They
      > don't care because to do so you are paying the entry fee for each
      > line you shoot. One tournament that Nest is familiar with is Indoor
      > Nationals and I know of many people that have shot the tournament in
      > one week and shot the same tournament the following week in a
      > different city.
      >

      > Michael

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Bob Upson
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 10, 2004
        On 2 Mar 2004 at 16:39, Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:

        > The rules for RR's state that you can shoot as many in a day as you wish, but
        > only one may be submitted per day. In theory, if you had time to shoot 10 rr
        > scores, then you could. And thus, have your highest score submitted.

        FWIW, the "rules for RRs" vary from kingdom to kingdom. I believe
        that there are (or at least have been) some that require the archer
        to declare that a given round is for their daily score *before* it is
        started.

        YIS,
        Macsen