Re: [SCA-Archery] Question on shoots

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 2, 2004
      --- blkknighti@... wrote:
      > Now I don't intend to be argumentative, just picking you minds, but
      > don't you
      > all see a problem with the "best choice" score method that Nest
      > illustrated
      > in the SCA?
      > Don't you think it only serves to falsely boost the "scores"?

      I think it is just a measure of a different thing. You are not getting a
      good idea of the archers average, but of their best scores. Does that mean
      that the scores are flasely boosted? Not really. They are not false
      scores, but the archers best scores.

      > Don't you think that it is inequitable to the consistant shooter?

      Only if the consistant shooter is absolutely consistant at all times.
      Everybody must have highs and lows. I think people perfer to be recognized
      for their best efforts, not their average efforts. Though, of course I
      could be wrong.

      > Perhaps an average of the round shot would be a better way?

      Maybe, but then everybody would have to have the same number of tries to
      get the average. Some people just don't want to shoot more than one or
      two, others can't. This is beginning to get a too little complicated for
      everyday wear.

      > Why are there no mundane shoots that are offered that way?

      The mundane organizations are looking for something else. They only want
      the very best, and that includes people who can consistantly perform at
      the top of their game. Different organizations, different goals. Theirs is
      not an inclusive game.

      > Again not being argumentative, I simply cannot see the equitability and
      > am
      > trying to understand.
      >
      > Richard

      I don't think of you as arguing, more like disscussing.
      Nest

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Bob Upson
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 10, 2004
        On 2 Mar 2004 at 16:39, Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:

        > The rules for RR's state that you can shoot as many in a day as you wish, but
        > only one may be submitted per day. In theory, if you had time to shoot 10 rr
        > scores, then you could. And thus, have your highest score submitted.

        FWIW, the "rules for RRs" vary from kingdom to kingdom. I believe
        that there are (or at least have been) some that require the archer
        to declare that a given round is for their daily score *before* it is
        started.

        YIS,
        Macsen