Re: [SCA-Archery] Question on shoots

  • blkknighti@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 2 6:18 PM
      Thank you all Gentlemen.
      You have answered my question.

      Now I don't intend to be argumentative, just picking you minds, but don't you
      all see a problem with the "best choice" score method that Nest illustrated
      in the SCA?
      Don't you think it only serves to falsely boost the "scores"?
      Don't you think that it is inequitable to the consistant shooter?
      Perhaps an average of the round shot would be a better way?
      Why are there no mundane shoots that are offered that way?

      Again not being argumentative, I simply cannot see the equitability and am
      trying to understand.

      Richard
    • Bob Upson
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 10 7:40 AM
        On 2 Mar 2004 at 16:39, Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:

        > The rules for RR's state that you can shoot as many in a day as you wish, but
        > only one may be submitted per day. In theory, if you had time to shoot 10 rr
        > scores, then you could. And thus, have your highest score submitted.

        FWIW, the "rules for RRs" vary from kingdom to kingdom. I believe
        that there are (or at least have been) some that require the archer
        to declare that a given round is for their daily score *before* it is
        started.

        YIS,
        Macsen