Re: [SCA-Archery] Question on shoots

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 2, 2004
      At 04:39 PM 3/2/2004, Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:
> [...]

      RR Rules in your Kingdom Caedmon ... realize that most all Kingdoms do
      their RR slightly different.

      For example, in Atlantia, you may submit 3 scores per day, per weapons
      form. So, you could submit 9 scores (3 recurve, 3 longbow, 3 crossbow) ...
      in fact, you COULD submit 15 scores, because it has been tradition that the
      Kingdom Scorekeeper will keep 'left/right' handedness as well for
      ambidextrous people. So 3 right-recurve, 3 right-longbow, 3 left-recurve,
      3 right-recurve, 3 crossbow (We don't do left/right crossbow *grin*)

      I often on a weekend practice will shoot 6 or 7 Royal Rounds ... then
      submit the 3 highest.

      Siegfried

    • Bob Upson
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 10, 2004
        On 2 Mar 2004 at 16:39, Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:

        > The rules for RR's state that you can shoot as many in a day as you wish, but
        > only one may be submitted per day. In theory, if you had time to shoot 10 rr
        > scores, then you could. And thus, have your highest score submitted.

        FWIW, the "rules for RRs" vary from kingdom to kingdom. I believe
        that there are (or at least have been) some that require the archer
        to declare that a given round is for their daily score *before* it is
        started.

        YIS,
        Macsen