Re: [SCA-Archery] Question on shoots

  • Nest verch Tangwistel
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 2 1:36 PM
      Having shot in the mundane community for years, I never found a tournament
      that was run that way. It was always step up shoot, and take whtever score
      you got over and over until you got a total at the end of the day
      including all your ends.

      In the East Kingdom we can shoot royal rounds repeatedly during one day,
      and then choose our best royal round total, but we do not mix scores from
      one royal round to another.

      I did run a novelty shoot a while ago which was like a mini 3-D shoot. It
      was indoors with animal targets and trees to shoot around at various
      distances. I let everybody shoot as many times as they liked and took the
      best score of the day for the winner. I retrospect I will limit the number
      of times people can shoot it next time. It got to be a little much between
      the people who were leading. Sort of an "Oh you got that high, then I need
      to shoot it again" type of attitude.

      Nest
      --- blkknighti@... wrote:
      > This is somewhat off topic...
      > For those of you who participate in mudane shoots..
      > Are there any tournaments which allow an individual to shoot any number
      > of
      > ends or lets say rounds during the course of the day and then select
      > their own
      > best score for consideration in the tournament?
      >
      > Actually are there any SCA tournaments which allow this?
      >
      > Are Royal rounds done this way anywhere?
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      > Richard

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Bob Upson
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 10 7:40 AM
        On 2 Mar 2004 at 16:39, Chad and Erin Wilson wrote:

        > The rules for RR's state that you can shoot as many in a day as you wish, but
        > only one may be submitted per day. In theory, if you had time to shoot 10 rr
        > scores, then you could. And thus, have your highest score submitted.

        FWIW, the "rules for RRs" vary from kingdom to kingdom. I believe
        that there are (or at least have been) some that require the archer
        to declare that a given round is for their daily score *before* it is
        started.

        YIS,
        Macsen