Siberian archery tackle photos

  • Marko Peussa
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hello,

      Anyone interested in the Siberian archery tackle photos, please drop
      me an email at:

      marko.peussa@...

      I'll drop you some links to download them.

      There are hundreds of photos of bows and arrows, with the total size
      of over 500+ Megs. So, high speed connection is a must. These kind of
      bows and arrows were collected by Finnish scientists from Russia in
      the beginning of 19th century. The exact date of the tackle is
      unknown, but I was told by the museum curator that when collected,
      the archery gear was out of use and kept as family 'memories'. As a
      curiosity, the bows match the descriptions of ancient Finnish
      birch/pine laminate bows. If someone wants to make a medieval
      Scandinavian/Russian laminate bow and arrows to it, this photoset is
      a must.

      I promised not to web publish the photos, under the pain that museum
      will take their normal charges of the photography.

      Regards,

      Klaus