Also a new post: noticing things...

  • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25 11:28 AM
      Konnichi wa, tomodachi,
      I post on this list now and then as needed, and enjoy the information
      I glean from those who answer...

      I thought I would put something here that people might think about...

      I live in an area that enjoys/suffers (optimist/pessimist) a degree of
      snow and fowl weather in the winter months...
      If I were living in the area of Japan that I study in actual period, I
      would have to live through roughly the same amount of nature...

      Today was almost 31 degrees, and there are still piles of snow
      around...it has been cold and nasty as you can imagine...

      31 degrees is leagues better and warmer than it has been, and I went
      out today and strung up my yumi...barefoot...

      The last time I shot outdoors, was new years evening, to shoot in the
      four directions and celebrate life..., and hopefully to let the gods
      know that someone was enjoying the world around them...

      I did the same thing today...for fifty shots...
      I let loose a whistling kaburi ya to call the attention of the heavens...
      shot my shots...
      and closed with another kaburi ya...

      Even 31 degree weather can be wonderfull, if you are used to worse
      weather...

      It really felt good to stretch the muscles, stretch and relax the
      mind...and connect with that which shooting offers...

      I also noticed that my yumi seemed to enjoy shooting also - the latter
      shots were much mor calm and accurate than the earlier shots...and my
      pennatration was better as I went...

      I say this to the populace - your bows want to shoot also..., and so
      do your ya...

      Just happy thoughts...

      Date Saburou Yukiie
      Yama Kaminari Ryu
      shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave...
      http://www,kabutographics.com
      kabuto@...
    • Marko Peussa
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        Hey Date, we have shoes on! It's far too cold in here.

        http://www.kolumbus.fi/marko.peussa/2004sydantalvi.htm

        Regards,

        Klaus

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou