Archery Rules Changes

  • longbow
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
      Greetings all.

      About the Archery Rules Changes.

      To put it briefly .... I have no clue.

      I have sent an email to the SEM this morning requesting information.
      In december I heard a rumor but since I did not have any
      knowledge of such an action being taken I dismissed it as such, a rumor

      I was never contacted nor consulted about any changes.

      I don't know who wrote what, but once I have a reply from
      the SEM I will post another letter here.

      Have patience. I will get to the bottom of this.

      And I thank all of you for your concerns.

      Master Gwilym.
      Society Archery Marshal
    • longbow
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2004
        Thanks to Tessa the Huntress I can send you this message.

        The "rule changes" are from many years ago. The date of
        Oct. 2003 is not a true date but a date selected when it
        was posted to the rules web page.
        The SEM also was unaware of this situation.

        The changes as such were to verbage of the rules, only.
        (rule authenticity police?)

        And the BOD had these changes for years, yet never acted
        on them until about a year and a half ago.
        ( as time moves slowly in the SCA)

        If any one really is concerned by this and needs to see any
        further explaniation. Email me off group, and I will send you Tessa's
        full email which is too long for this egroup's space.

        Also for those who have my old email address the new one is
        as follows.

        I remain in service to the Archers of the Society.

        Master Gwilym
        Society Archery Marshal
        scalongbow@...