Re: [SCA-Archery] new thread- was "Talhoffer and Mounted Crossbowman"

  • Mike Wertz
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
      Ian,
      It would be period to have him flogged for disrespect. I think he is
      copying my "audience" routine. And he is disrespectful of your position.
      Anybody "period police" out there with some period punishment suggestions
      to get us through this cold winter night?

      Teagus Kohen

      At 05:53 PM 2/5/2004 -0500, you wrote:
      >Please extrapolate on what your "safety issues" are. Which ones would not
      >allow this type of shoot? Are they the same for handbow as well? I am sure
      >you have an interested audience.
      >
      >James Cunningham
      >
      > > Do to the safety issues, this would not be allowed on any of the ranges in
      >Atenveldt.
      > >
      > > Lord Ian Griffen the Archer
      > > Deputy Royal Archer
      > > Kingdom of Atenveldt
      > >

      > > Carolus Eulenhorst <eulenhorst@...> wrote:
      > > Considering some safety issues I have had here in Caid, this would be
      > > definitely out on our line.
      > > Carolus
      > >
      > > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:54:08 -0500 "L.J. Sparvero"
      > > writes:
      > > > My short article is now uploaded into the files section, if I had
      > > > known
      > > > there was interest I would have gotten it up sooner!
      > > >
      > > > I've considered a shoot where the crossbowmen have to shoot at a
      > > > close
      > > > target with the crossbow pointed *behind* them, as described. Lots
      > > > of
      > > > safety issues though -- need to be careful what direction you point
      > > > the bow
      > > > as you load it! What seems to work best is if the tail end of the
      > > > bolt fits
      > > > snugly into the roller-nut. Really hard to steady the bolt otherwise
      > > > (and
      > > > would be worse on horseback).
      > > >
      > > > -Lyev

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Carolus Eulenhorst
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
        Answered privately
        Carolus

        On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:53:18 -0500 "James W. Pratt, Jr."
        <cunning@...> writes:
        > Please extrapolate on what your "safety issues" are. Which ones
        > would not
        > allow this type of shoot? Are they the same for handbow as well? I
        > am sure
        > you have an interested audience.
        >
        > James Cunningham

        Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!