Re: [SCA-Archery] Talhoffer and Mounted Crossbowman

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
      Please extrapolate on what your "safety issues" are. Which ones would not
      allow this type of shoot? Are they the same for handbow as well? I am sure
      you have an interested audience.

      James Cunningham

      > Do to the safety issues, this would not be allowed on any of the ranges in
      Atenveldt.

      > Lord Ian Griffen the Archer
      > Deputy Royal Archer
      > Kingdom of Atenveldt
      >

      > Carolus Eulenhorst <eulenhorst@...> wrote:
      > Considering some safety issues I have had here in Caid, this would be
      > definitely out on our line.
      > Carolus
      >
      > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:54:08 -0500 "L.J. Sparvero"
      > writes:
      > > My short article is now uploaded into the files section, if I had
      > > known
      > > there was interest I would have gotten it up sooner!
      > >
      > > I've considered a shoot where the crossbowmen have to shoot at a
      > > close
      > > target with the crossbow pointed *behind* them, as described. Lots
      > > of
      > > safety issues though -- need to be careful what direction you point
      > > the bow
      > > as you load it! What seems to work best is if the tail end of the
      > > bolt fits
      > > snugly into the roller-nut. Really hard to steady the bolt otherwise
      > > (and
      > > would be worse on horseback).
      > >
      > > -Lyev
    • Mike Wertz
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
        Ian,
        It would be period to have him flogged for disrespect. I think he is
        copying my "audience" routine. And he is disrespectful of your position.
        Anybody "period police" out there with some period punishment suggestions
        to get us through this cold winter night?

        Teagus Kohen

        At 05:53 PM 2/5/2004 -0500, you wrote:
        >Please extrapolate on what your "safety issues" are. Which ones would not
        >allow this type of shoot? Are they the same for handbow as well? I am sure
        >you have an interested audience.
        >
        >James Cunningham
        >
        > > Do to the safety issues, this would not be allowed on any of the ranges in
        >Atenveldt.
        > >
        > > Lord Ian Griffen the Archer
        > > Deputy Royal Archer
        > > Kingdom of Atenveldt
        > >

        > > Carolus Eulenhorst <eulenhorst@...> wrote:
        > > Considering some safety issues I have had here in Caid, this would be
        > > definitely out on our line.
        > > Carolus
        > >
        > > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:54:08 -0500 "L.J. Sparvero"
        > > writes:
        > > > My short article is now uploaded into the files section, if I had
        > > > known
        > > > there was interest I would have gotten it up sooner!
        > > >
        > > > I've considered a shoot where the crossbowmen have to shoot at a
        > > > close
        > > > target with the crossbow pointed *behind* them, as described. Lots
        > > > of
        > > > safety issues though -- need to be careful what direction you point
        > > > the bow
        > > > as you load it! What seems to work best is if the tail end of the
        > > > bolt fits
        > > > snugly into the roller-nut. Really hard to steady the bolt otherwise
        > > > (and
        > > > would be worse on horseback).
        > > >
        > > > -Lyev

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Carolus Eulenhorst
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
          Answered privately
          Carolus

          On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:53:18 -0500 "James W. Pratt, Jr."
          <cunning@...> writes:
          > Please extrapolate on what your "safety issues" are. Which ones
          > would not
          > allow this type of shoot? Are they the same for handbow as well? I
          > am sure
          > you have an interested audience.
          >
          > James Cunningham

          Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!