Re: [SCA-Archery] Estrella

  • Ian Griffen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
      Sir Jon

      Contact the Archery Autocrat Mistress Brenna. She will put you on her list.

      Ian Griffen

      John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
      Does anyone know if there will be an archery camping area near the range
      this year like there was at the last two Estrellas? And if there will
      be, how does one reserve a space?

      Thank you for any help you can give

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2004
        Thank you. I have, she did and I am on the list.

        Jon

        Ian Griffen wrote:

        >Sir Jon
        >
        >Contact the Archery Autocrat Mistress Brenna. She will put you on her list.
        >
        >Ian Griffen

      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 16, 2006

          I am working on an article on the target archery at Estella and need
          some additional information.

          > Is there a count of how many archers shot over all? And a kingdom
          > breakdown?

          > Is there a count of how many for each competition and who won?

          > I saw the longbow prize for the champion shoot. Who won it? Who made
          > it? I would like to include their name in my article.

          I believe there was a tie on the war point, how was it resolved?

          Thank you for any help you can give.

        • Tyr vonWolfsberg
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 16, 2006
            Sir Jon,

            I don't have all the answers you want, but here is what I have.

            > I saw the longbow prize for the champion shoot. Who won it? Who made
            > it? I would like to include their name in my article.

            Lord Ingvarr Halverson won the longbow prize (from the Canton of Hawks
            Hollow, Barony of Caerthe), he is also the Royal Archer of the
            Outlands. The bow is a very sweet shooter! He let us try it at the
            next practice after the War!

            >I believe there was a tie on the war point, how was it resolved?

            Outlands (and allies) won the archery point, which put the overall
            points into a tie, the heavies had previously won the 'if there is a
            tie battle', so Outlands won the overall as well.

            P.S. I would also be interested in some of your coins when everything
            is finally decided and set.

            YIS,

            Tyr
            Lord Tyrfingr von Wolfsberg
            Deputy Captain of Archers, Barony of Caerthe, Kingdom of the Outlands
          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 16, 2006
              Thank you for the information.

              I will post further information on the coins soon. I just received
              eight possible sketches from the artist for them in the US mail today .

              Jon