Re: too cold for outdoors

  • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 29, 2003
      > > > Here's a poll question for you: of those of us in
      > > areas too cold for
      > > > outdoor winter archery, how
      > > > many new arrows have you made since you put your
      > > bow up for the winter?
      > > >
      > > Here's a poll question for you: of those of us in areas too cold
      > for outdoor winter archery, how
      > > many new arrows have you made since you put your bow up
      for the
      > winter?

      Konnichi wa, tomodachi...
      I have finished making a new pair of yugake (archery gloves) , a
      brocade Kake bakuro (bag to keep the gloves in), and a laquered
      wood sengoku jidai ebira (japanese hip quiver) and a pair of
      mukabaki (fur hunting style chaps) for myself.

      I also have several orders for ebira, which I have in various
      stages of completion - most of the wood and wicker work is
      done, but there is much more to go.

      Lastly, I sat down and designed a bunch of artwork that can be
      printed on large format printers that feature detailed, life sized
      pretend enemy samurai in various positions, in armor, to use at
      targets. I have wanted to do that for quite a while...

      Of course, there is always the armor to fix...and more weapons to
      aquire...and Kamakura shooting garb to sew...

      Date Saburou Yukiie
      Yama Kaminari Ryu
      Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave...
      http://www.kabutographics.com
      kabuto@...