Thought I would share

  • James brummet
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2003
      From one of the many SCA lists I belong to a little but of history.

      In 1541 From this day forward, only Archery may be played on Christmas (England's Unlawful Games Act)

      Tighearn Mac Con mac Conaill of Clan Donald

      As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

      Declaration of Arbroath, 6 April 1320.