Any Baron Bows First-hand Experience?

  • cwhite2812
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2003
      I've been lurking for a while trying to get a grasp on
      the "reasonably priced" longbow concept. I'm looking for a bow for
      a friend. She is 6 feet tall, very strong, and a lefty, but an
      intermediate level archer and doesn't have a d-shape/recurve
      preference so long as there is an arrow shelf. I've checked out
      woodbows.com, rudderows.com, baronbows.com, saxonarchery, and some
      other sites. The longbows and recurves at Baron Bows have really
      caught my attention but I don't know enough to adequately evaluate
      them and haven't read much first hand experience aside from "it took
      a long time to get my bow" and "the Baron Bows have less hand shock
      then the woodbows.com." I would be extremely grateful for any
      guidance the discussion group can provide.

      Many thanks,
      Chris
    • Sherry Bishop
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2003
        My advice is to run away...run far away. I placed an order with them and haven't heard from them in ages despite my repeated attempts to contact them. In my opinion, look elsewhere.

        Seonaid MacPhee

        cwhite2812 <cwhite2812@...> wrote:
        I've been lurking for a while trying to get a grasp on
        the "reasonably priced" longbow concept. I'm looking for a bow for
        a friend. She is 6 feet tall, very strong, and a lefty, but an
        intermediate level archer and doesn't have a d-shape/recurve
        preference so long as there is an arrow shelf. I've checked out
        woodbows.com, rudderows.com, baronbows.com, saxonarchery, and some
        other sites. The longbows and recurves at Baron Bows have really
        caught my attention but I don't know enough to adequately evaluate
        them and haven't read much first hand experience aside from "it took
        a long time to get my bow" and "the Baron Bows have less hand shock
        then the woodbows.com." I would be extremely grateful for any
        guidance the discussion group can provide.

        Many thanks,
        Chris

        Seonaid inghean meic Duibhshithe
        aka "Shea"

        "Is maith an sc�th�n s�il charad"

      • Mike Wertz
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2003
          I would suggest Kingslayer but alas, a brother Weresheep will spam me with
          "shill" email ;-)

          Teagus

        • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2003
            At 6:52 AM 12/7/03 -0800, Sherry Bishop wrote:
            >My advice is to run away...run far away. I placed an order with them and
            >haven't heard from them in ages despite my repeated attempts to contact them.
            >In my opinion, look elsewhere.
            >
            >Seonaid MacPhee

            That's really a shame. I received a very nice bow from them a year or two
            ago; shoots nice and for a reasonable price with reasonable service. They
            were very communicative with me at that time.

            James
            jotl@...
          • Nest verch Tangwistel
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 7, 2003
              I know this individual. She has tried to get in touch with them
              repeatedly, both by email and phone. She ordered a bow over a year ago and
              they cashed the check at the time. Still she hasn't heard anything from
              them a year later. Needless to say she is not very happy with the customer
              service of this company.

              Nest
              --- jotl@... wrote:
              > At 6:52 AM 12/7/03 -0800, Sherry Bishop wrote:
              > >My advice is to run away...run far away. I placed an order with them
              > and
              > >haven't heard from them in ages despite my repeated attempts to contact
              > them.
              > >In my opinion, look elsewhere.
              > >
              > >Seonaid MacPhee
              >
              > That's really a shame. I received a very nice bow from them a year or
              > two
              > ago; shoots nice and for a reasonable price with reasonable service.
              > They
              > were very communicative with me at that time.
              >
              > James
              > jotl@...

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
            • cwhite2812
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 7, 2003
                The bows on the website look relatively well-made for the price.
                It's too bad the customer service is so terrible. I think I'll
                inquire if they have anything in stock I would consider purchasing
                and go from there.

                Thanks for the help,
                Chris