RE: [SCA-Archery] Target range at Gulf Wars

  • mwertz@fyi.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
      My Lord,
      The Gulf Wars issue has to do with folk traveling great distance only to
      find that the targets at the range are not worth wasting arrows on. After
      three years of traveling to Gulf Wars, I am trying to get everyone's
      attention to the fact that it is no big deal to fix this problem. I
      understand that there might be someone new running the range and without
      stepping on anyone's toes or turf, I am trying to help from a great
      distance away.

      TK

      One thing we do at practice is to keep changing the type of target that we
      > use. You never
      > know from one week t the next what you will be shooting at. It helps to
      > keep shooting from
      > becoming to boring.
      > Also, after shooting we either meet at some ones home for dinner, or go
      > out
      > to eat. This way
      > if you do not shoot, you may still wish to socialize with the group, set
      > down and break bread
      > with them.
      >
      > Thomas of Cologne
      >

      >>From: "Teagus Khan" <mwertz@...>
      >>To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      >>Subject: [SCA-Archery] Target range at Gulf Wars
      >>Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:08:10 -0000
      >>
      >>I have received a firm quote from Saunders to have 6 new Saunders
      >>matts drop-shipped to Mississippi,free freight,for $86.00 each (cost).
      >>I will donate the royal round target faces (50). The stands need to
      >>be built. Need some help to make this happen. If the Gulf Wars folk
      >>running the range can not afford these, they can be purchased at the
      >>end of the event by SCA groups who wish to take one home with them.
      >>
      >>In Sane,
      >>Teagus
      >>

      >>---8<---------------------------------------------
      >>Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by Medieval Mart
      >>Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/

      > Cell phone ‘switch’ rules are taking effect — find out more here.
      > http://special.msn.com/msnbc/consumeradvocate.armx

    • Michael Scherrer
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
        Sorry, right answer, but for the wrong question. Message was in correctly
        sent to "Target range at
        Gulf Wars". Was meant for someone looking for a way to increase Archer
        participation at a
        local lever. Again, sorry.

        But the sanders butts would be a nice touch. It may help...

        Thomas

        Get holiday tips for festive fun.