RE: [SCA-Archery] Target range at Gulf Wars

  • Michael Scherrer
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
      One thing we do at practice is to keep changing the type of target that we
      use. You never
      know from one week t the next what you will be shooting at. It helps to
      keep shooting from
      becoming to boring.
      Also, after shooting we either meet at some ones home for dinner, or go out
      to eat. This way
      if you do not shoot, you may still wish to socialize with the group, set
      down and break bread
      with them.

      Thomas of Cologne

      >From: "Teagus Khan" <mwertz@...>
      >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Target range at Gulf Wars
      >Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:08:10 -0000
      >
      >I have received a firm quote from Saunders to have 6 new Saunders
      >matts drop-shipped to Mississippi,free freight,for $86.00 each (cost).
      >I will donate the royal round target faces (50). The stands need to
      >be built. Need some help to make this happen. If the Gulf Wars folk
      >running the range can not afford these, they can be purchased at the
      >end of the event by SCA groups who wish to take one home with them.
      >
      >In Sane,
      >Teagus

      Cell phone �switch� rules are taking effect � find out more here.
      http://special.msn.com/msnbc/consumeradvocate.armx
    • mwertz@fyi.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
        My Lord,
        The Gulf Wars issue has to do with folk traveling great distance only to
        find that the targets at the range are not worth wasting arrows on. After
        three years of traveling to Gulf Wars, I am trying to get everyone's
        attention to the fact that it is no big deal to fix this problem. I
        understand that there might be someone new running the range and without
        stepping on anyone's toes or turf, I am trying to help from a great
        distance away.

        TK

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
          Sorry, right answer, but for the wrong question. Message was in correctly
          sent to "Target range at
          Gulf Wars". Was meant for someone looking for a way to increase Archer
          participation at a
          local lever. Again, sorry.

          But the sanders butts would be a nice touch. It may help...

          Thomas

          Get holiday tips for festive fun.