Tate...

  • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
      Konnichi wa, tomodachi...
      I made a nice tate ((sort of like a standing pavise for japanese
      archery) with my kamon and clan kamon painted on the front...
      It is aprox two and a half feet wide, and four feet tall...made of
      wood with a brace that allows free-standing...
      Do any of the marshals on this list mind if I bring it to the line and
      shoot from behind it?
      In period it was often stood in place, then advanced as the
      archer did...
      I have been in lines where the archers themselves advanced, as
      opposed to staying in one place and shooting at closer and
      closer targets...
      This would be ideal for one of those shoots...
      This would also be a proper way for one form of Japanese
      shooting...
      Another way would be for an arrow loader to advance the tate as
      the archer shot behind him...He would feed the arrows to the
      archer, then on command, advance the tate...as a non-shooter...
      Just curious...

      Date Saburou Yukiie,
      Yama Kaminari Ryu
      shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave...
      http://www.kabutographics.com
      kabuto@...