Target range at Gulf Wars

  • Teagus Khan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
      I have received a firm quote from Saunders to have 6 new Saunders
      matts drop-shipped to Mississippi,free freight,for $86.00 each (cost).
      I will donate the royal round target faces (50). The stands need to
      be built. Need some help to make this happen. If the Gulf Wars folk
      running the range can not afford these, they can be purchased at the
      end of the event by SCA groups who wish to take one home with them.

      In Sane,
      Teagus
    • Michael Scherrer
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
        One thing we do at practice is to keep changing the type of target that we
        use. You never
        know from one week t the next what you will be shooting at. It helps to
        keep shooting from
        becoming to boring.
        Also, after shooting we either meet at some ones home for dinner, or go out
        to eat. This way
        if you do not shoot, you may still wish to socialize with the group, set
        down and break bread
        with them.

        Thomas of Cologne

        >From: "Teagus Khan" <mwertz@...>
        >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Target range at Gulf Wars
        >Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:08:10 -0000
        >
        >I have received a firm quote from Saunders to have 6 new Saunders
        >matts drop-shipped to Mississippi,free freight,for $86.00 each (cost).
        >I will donate the royal round target faces (50). The stands need to
        >be built. Need some help to make this happen. If the Gulf Wars folk
        >running the range can not afford these, they can be purchased at the
        >end of the event by SCA groups who wish to take one home with them.
        >
        >In Sane,
        >Teagus

        Cell phone �switch� rules are taking effect � find out more here.
        http://special.msn.com/msnbc/consumeradvocate.armx
      • mwertz@fyi.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
          My Lord,
          The Gulf Wars issue has to do with folk traveling great distance only to
          find that the targets at the range are not worth wasting arrows on. After
          three years of traveling to Gulf Wars, I am trying to get everyone's
          attention to the fact that it is no big deal to fix this problem. I
          understand that there might be someone new running the range and without
          stepping on anyone's toes or turf, I am trying to help from a great
          distance away.

          TK

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
            Sorry, right answer, but for the wrong question. Message was in correctly
            sent to "Target range at
            Gulf Wars". Was meant for someone looking for a way to increase Archer
            participation at a
            local lever. Again, sorry.

            But the sanders butts would be a nice touch. It may help...

            Thomas

            Get holiday tips for festive fun.