Re: [SCA-Archery] Practice makes practical - or something

  • Wolferam
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
      So, what kind of shoot would you call that?

      Wolferam

      Kinjal of Moravia <gusarimagic@...> wrote:
      I practice stance and draw in my cabin by firing at a hanging
      blanket. The arrows have rubber stoppers over the tips. Well, one
      stopper fell off un-noticed. The arrow went through the blanket,
      all right -- but also through a 1/2 knothole in the portch wall,
      between two trees 4" apart and wound up in a flower pot -- the only
      basket amongst 6 clay ones.

      Try that for one of your 'novelty' shoots.

      Kinjal

    • Bruce R. Gordon
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
        Greetings

        The "No S---, There I Was..." shoot. Or perhaps the Ludicrous
        Bowman's Warm-Up.

        Nigel FitzMaurice

        --
        Ex Tenebra, Lux

      • Kinjal of Moravia
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce R. Gordon"
          <obsidian@r...> wrote:
          > Greetings
          >
          > The "No S---, There I Was..." shoot. Or perhaps the Ludicrous
          > Bowman's Warm-Up.
          >
          > Nigel FitzMaurice
          pretty good. For me was perhaps, "Shoot, someone better watch o'er
          me, 'cause I cain't 'fford no mo' arrows - tall grass done et
          up 'nuff." (this Nevada boy goin' Southern.

          Kinjal