Re: [SCA-Archery] Practice makes practical - or something

  • Mike Hornbaker
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
      At an indoor range set up in a metal barn, one 20 yd shot penetrated thru
      one hay bale wall, across a 3 ft open area, thru a 2nd hay wall, and
      penetrated the metal wall up to the fletching which could be seen from
      outside the building.

      Michael

      On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 23:18:28 -0000 "Kinjal of Moravia"
      <gusarimagic@...> writes:
      > I practice stance and draw in my cabin by firing at a hanging
      > blanket. The arrows have rubber stoppers over the tips. Well, one
      > stopper fell off un-noticed. The arrow went through the blanket,
      > all right -- but also through a 1/2 knothole in the portch wall,
      > between two trees 4" apart and wound up in a flower pot -- the only
      > basket amongst 6 clay ones.
      >
      > Try that for one of your 'novelty' shoots.
      >
      > Kinjal

      > list]
      >

      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Wolferam

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
          Greetings

          The "No S---, There I Was..." shoot. Or perhaps the Ludicrous
          Bowman's Warm-Up.

          Nigel FitzMaurice

          --
          Ex Tenebra, Lux

        • Kinjal of Moravia
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce R. Gordon"
            <obsidian@r...> wrote:
            > Greetings
            >
            > The "No S---, There I Was..." shoot. Or perhaps the Ludicrous
            > Bowman's Warm-Up.
            >
            > Nigel FitzMaurice
            pretty good. For me was perhaps, "Shoot, someone better watch o'er
            me, 'cause I cain't 'fford no mo' arrows - tall grass done et
            up 'nuff." (this Nevada boy goin' Southern.

            Kinjal