Practice makes practical - or something

  • Kinjal of Moravia
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
      I practice stance and draw in my cabin by firing at a hanging
      blanket. The arrows have rubber stoppers over the tips. Well, one
      stopper fell off un-noticed. The arrow went through the blanket,
      all right -- but also through a 1/2 knothole in the portch wall,
      between two trees 4" apart and wound up in a flower pot -- the only
      basket amongst 6 clay ones.

      Try that for one of your 'novelty' shoots.

      Kinjal
    • Mike Hornbaker
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
        At an indoor range set up in a metal barn, one 20 yd shot penetrated thru
        one hay bale wall, across a 3 ft open area, thru a 2nd hay wall, and
        penetrated the metal wall up to the fletching which could be seen from
        outside the building.

        Michael

        On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 23:18:28 -0000 "Kinjal of Moravia"
        <gusarimagic@...> writes:
        > I practice stance and draw in my cabin by firing at a hanging
        > blanket. The arrows have rubber stoppers over the tips. Well, one
        > stopper fell off un-noticed. The arrow went through the blanket,
        > all right -- but also through a 1/2 knothole in the portch wall,
        > between two trees 4" apart and wound up in a flower pot -- the only
        > basket amongst 6 clay ones.
        >
        > Try that for one of your 'novelty' shoots.
        >
        > Kinjal

        > list]
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Wolferam

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
            Greetings

            The "No S---, There I Was..." shoot. Or perhaps the Ludicrous
            Bowman's Warm-Up.

            Nigel FitzMaurice

            --
            Ex Tenebra, Lux

          • Kinjal of Moravia
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce R. Gordon"
              <obsidian@r...> wrote:
              > Greetings
              >
              > The "No S---, There I Was..." shoot. Or perhaps the Ludicrous
              > Bowman's Warm-Up.
              >
              > Nigel FitzMaurice
              pretty good. For me was perhaps, "Shoot, someone better watch o'er
              me, 'cause I cain't 'fford no mo' arrows - tall grass done et
              up 'nuff." (this Nevada boy goin' Southern.

              Kinjal